Friday 23 November 2012

What Doctor Who means to me


As you can probably guess, Doctor Who means a fair bit to me. The first story that I saw was ‘Day of the Daleks’, which was lent to me by my uncle on VHS when I was five or six, and from then on I just carried on loving the series.
When the series was restarted in 2005 I watched that and enjoyed it (although ‘Fear Her’ not so much for obvious reasons). Although my favourite era is the Patrick Troughton years, the newer seasons of Doctor Who have proved that a classic series can be reinterpreted and the shows popularity can be seen to still be considerable even after forty nine years.




Doctor Who has brought me into contact with people I would never have otherwise met, particularly on the internet through websites like Twitter. Ok, some are slightly insane and still want Amy and Rory back, but on the whole Doctor Who has had a positive effect on my life and worked as a route to finding other science fiction television shows such as ‘Blake’s 7’.

Doctor Who has been a constant in my life for years now, and hopefully it will continue to be for years to come. Happy Forty Ninth Birthday to Doctor Who, and lets hope that it’ll be around for another forty nine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment